Monday, July 21, 2008

Starting Back to Day 1


Saturday morning, I bent down to pick up the Incredible Hulk hands and SCHLOOOP! PING! My back went out. Major back spasms all day and left side weakness that sent my back into a collapse at one point. I hung out on the floor for about fifteen minutes thinking that supper would still be doable. I would just have C-man get me some meat and bread and I'd make sandwiches on the floor. I did end up in an upright (semi-upright) position and we went to Mc D's just because it was our survival meal that night.

Yesterday, Still spasming and tightness and stiffness......lots of icing and resting.

Today, I took my first walk around the block and my exercises.....I was a month into my exercises and now I have to start from Day one. So, I found a back brace to try out to wear at work tomorrow. I've been so anti-back brace because I feel it is cheating my abdominal muscles and back muscles......but I broke down and decided to only wear the brace for work until my acute stage diminishes..........

So, I thought this epidural shot would help my and decrease the 5 bulging discs, but it just reduces the pain so that I can live with the 5 bulging discs for the rest of my life......I've got 30 more years to work as a nurse! AHHHHH!

Well, going back to day one and starting all over again.......wish me luck and I'll allow myself set-backs.....YUCK!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...