Well, I got good news today.
I happen to run into my mentor from the community college today. She and I did a lot of communicating 1.5 years ago when I was a nursing instructor with naughty students. She told me that the Director of Nursing Education has requested me and another RN from the hospitals to teach this fall semester. So, I feel very honored that I was requested.
It so happened that my manager was on the floor this evening and so I thought I would share my good news. Well, that went into smoke immediately. I didn't get immediate support. I just got a response from her "we're already low 2 nurses." After I explained it'd be in the fall and I would still do my hours on the floor. She just said that she would try and have staffing cover for my one evening off.....not 2 shifts like last semester! After our conversation, she did give me a small compliment that I didn't take as heart-felt....but I took whatever I could.
Then I called up my hubby, because I knew he would be supportive.
It still just strikes me funny and I'm a little offended....I'll get over it..but whatever happened to supporting your employees?
I might have the option of requesting to teach on my floor....so maybe that would be a win situation for the floor.... helping out the nurses, promoting our floor for any new RN's looking for jobs.....I'll see what unrolls. I'm not going to give up this opportunity that would benefit me.
2 comments:
Congrats, sister!
You hang in there, gets frustrating when people don't sopport you, but you are a great teacher. Love Mom
Post a Comment