Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pass the Buck

Miss-O and I experienced the "Pass the Buck" this morning.
Now, this does not mean what you think........

In the nursing field, I learned early what "pass the buck" means.......when doctors don't want to be responsible for a pt's issue and they keep passing it back and forth or to other doctors....or when nurses that you follow decide not to finish a task and pass it on to you...when clearly they had enough time to do the task.........anyways you're getting my point and I'm sure in your work fields you may have witness "buck-passing."

This morning was exceptionally different. It started with a quick stop at the grocery store. We were in dire need of pull-ups, milk, and meat......(especially since there's a storm approaching).
Miss-O LOVES the shopping carts that are built like cars and we found our fire-truck and was giving it a quick wipe down with sani-wipes......just usual stuff........

Well, usual stuff evolved into a "thorough" cleaning of the fire-truck......Miss-O scrubbed down every nook and cranny and I'm surprised she didn't get on her back and wipe down the under-carriage!..........

During the extensive cleaning...there was an older woman on a scooter smiling and enjoying Miss-O's compulsion...ahem..I mean hard work. After we were through, the lady gave Miss-O a dollar and told her she did such a good job cleaning. Miss-O just looked at the dollar with a blank stare.......I told the lady that it wasn't necessary, but I knew that this was such a gracious act on her part and that O brought her much joy, that we took it and told her she was very generous....
We stuck the dollar in Miss-O's pocket during the shopping...........

On our way out, there hung the isolated red bucket from Salvation Army....swinging with the wind....misting up with the drizzles.....Miss-O and I came to a decision to drop that dollar into the bucket so that someone else could experience a little joy as well..........so we passed the buck today.......Miss-O is still oblivious to the warm fuzzies a person gets when giving....but at least we've started a foundation........

So may you pass the buck in a good way this week! (whether it is literal or not).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...