Take 15 inches of SNOW
add a Temp 10 degrees with -11 windchill
then factor in winds averaging 26 mph with gusts up to 50 mph,
this would equate Blizzard of 09'
I worked last night and offered to stay and work extra if any employees were unable to make it, but everyone did and so I slithered my way home.....not bad driving, slow going and not much traffic at midnight......BUT, I landed the car right into a big honker drift in the driveway and got myself stuck.....so, I woke up Paul and he and I worked on getting my tail end out of the street.....this morning he finished the job.
The thing about being a nurse at a Hospital....there's never a snow day at the Hospital and so the show must go on....and since we live in town....I feel very obligated in getting to work, no matter what we need to do! We decided that Paul will take me in tonight with the trusty 4-wheel truck and then in the morning when he comes into work, I will take the trusty vehicle back home and pick him up at 8pm........where will the kids be, you ask?
Thank God for our life-line: G&G Roberts!
The kids will stay over-night and will either have another snow day or go to school tomorrow.....we'll just have to see!
What do we do now?
Make cookies!
No comments:
Post a Comment