Whoa! Time really does go fast when you have kids in school! I really can't believe it is in the middle of September. C-man has had four weeks of school already!
Even though C-man still has trouble departing, it seems like he's getting quite a bit out of school. He enjoys talking about writer's workshop and what he writes and draws pictures of daily. He's really into helping mom and dad decide on cold lunches and bringing them to school. He likes to play with Deylin, Rowdy, and Luke at the playground. Tonight, we went to Applebee's and he wrote the whole alphabet in capital letters and he did it fluently and his letters sure have improved since this summer....He's really good about reminding me when it is gym or library day....It helps me out tremendously...he's been able to read some words from his books....so I'm not sure why he is crying when transitioning from home to school but he is.....I was told not to bring him into his room any more so I'm thinking that I will slowly back-up day by day until I say good-bye to him at the side-walk....that would be our goal...
We have an appointment with our Dr. on Monday so I may sneak a question about Kdg. separation anxiety while we're there for O's 2 year old appointment.
Speaking of which.....today was her first parent-and-me-preschool and it went well. She was quiet the whole time. She played well with the other boys and girls....there are 9 other kids in her class and 9 Mommies. It was a nice social time for the Mommies and kids! She did a craft and followed directions well. She ran out of the room when it was clean up time...but with Mommy coaxing, she did help pick up. We did circle time and said their names....she just looked very serious when the ball came to her.....as did the other kids...but our friend Preston said his name!
Miss O is probably the youngest of the class, but she meshes well and we signed her up for the next session! Big Room time was fun, she kicked a ball around but mostly watched the other kids go wild. We danced and marched at the end of class.......when we came home she was singing and marching and dancing....so I think she liked it! Kinda wish I did this with C-man when he was her age, he would have gotten a big kick out of it......We just meet every Friday for an hour and 45 min.
Clinical teaching has been refreshing this semester. I really enjoyed my first group and would loved to have kept them all semester through. I want to teach them so much but with only 3.5 days, there is only so much I can teach. It really is learning by experience and by the pt. that they are assigned to. The nurses really appreciate the help from the students and vice versa this year. I've never had a problem with the nurses or the unit that we've been on. The students are so excited to learn and do new things....they are nervous because they haven't had much pt. contact so it's my job to encourage them and help them become comfortable with the pt.'s, the floor, the skills, the meds, etc. I met the new group and I think we'll be just fine. I'll only have 2.5 days with them since I don't have child care next Wed. I corrected my first paper and it was the best I've seen in ages! These PNterm2 (translation: 2nd year LPN students) are handing in better papers than my ADNterm2 students last fall. (translation: Last year of the RN (ADN) program students) The students this semester really know how to demonstrate their critical thinking skills too! YEAH! Like I said very refreshing.......
I think I'm prepared to be a single parent this upcoming week....but I know I couldn't live without my lover, Paul, for more than a week.....he's getting some Man time in and goin' fishin' up north this next week. He deserves a break from work, his naggy wife, and the kids. So as he hunts and gathers for the Roberts' clan, I'll be home weaving, cooking, and keeping the fires burning......okay really I'll probably be taking C to school, playing with O, using paper plates or going out to eat so I don't have to do the dishes, washing clothes cycle by cycle since that is how our washer works, by manual knob turning FUN! Somehow I have to think of things that will make the week go fast.......I planned ahead and did the grocery shopping, the laundry is actually caught up, if I can remember to take the trash/recycle bin out on the appropriate day and upkeep the dishes I'll have the week down and will anxiously await my man's home-coming.
Well, enough Jibber-Jabber, I think I've said enough for the week.
More B-day pics & going to Pre-school pics will be posted tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment