Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Teacher High

I think I got a teacher high...somewhat equivalent to the "runner high." I used to get those highs when I taught aerobics...and I'm not quite euphoric like I would get teaching aerobics....(maybe I just wasn't circulating enough to my brain...) Anyways...I hit a sweet spot where I really enjoyed what I was doing today. It didn't feel like work at all!.....I even had a student get a bit attitudy with me and it still didn't shake me down.....hmmm...maybe this teaching thing is what I need to be doing...and I had a pleasant "yes!" sent to me today.

My student started asking me medications randomly from the book and said, do you know what this is? and then said, THERE how do you feel when I ask you those questions?

Wow! Not in anyway have I been asking questions to intimidate my students...and I guess I went through a phase as a new nurse when I didn't know meds and felt like a dork when my patients asked me what they were....maybe I just don't want my students looking like idiots out in the work field........if she still gives me attitude, we'll have a nice talk....but hopefully she's done venting her frustration on me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...