Monday, October 13, 2008

Count your Blessings!

Aaaaahh! I'm just settling down, smelling my turkey chili in the crock pot, listening to the rain outside and thinking about taking a nap or watching a movie (which would end up being nappy-nap time anyways.)



I got to thinking and thought I'd share some thoughts.....I see a sign on my way to work....(remember how I love to read church signs?) this one says ..."It is not in Dow we trust, but in God we trust." Great point!



Yes, we need to have a stable economy and we need the means to get by. If we trust in God, he will get us through it all. Ever notice how the food stretches a little farther in a week, when cash flow is down? That's God getting us through it.



I also think this is a great wake up call for those to discover there's more to means in this life. Laughs and smiles are free. Hugs and cuddles are free. Yes, we need food, water and shelter to survive...but if we trust in the Lord with all our might he will provide.



Another wake up call is for all of those people who work in the market, banking, stocks, etc.....let's make these guys some honest people. I like to believe there is good in everyone...but money (too much money) causes greed and chaos.......so, I'm in no right to be talking about economy and how bankers run the show and these other people I've mentioned before...I'm just saying.....let's just be honest people, let's spend within our means and be happy with what we have...........there is a saying that says be happy with what you have, where you are............



We've developed into a society that wants it all, has it all, get it all........which is great if you can afford it...that stimulates the economy........but let's just sit back and count our blessings.....be thankful for the roof over our head, the food that is provided, our jobs (in which health care there will always be a demand)that pay for the roof and food, our children, our family, our friends, and the memories that money will never buy..................

That's enough of my money talk...I'm kind of a tight wad that has difficulty balancing a check book, so I'm not sure how much credit will come from my thoughts.....but there you have it.....my thoughts on this rainy, cool fall day........

now it's movie time! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................................

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...