Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sweet Moment!

Last night, C-man and I were reading books, when we heard an innocent little yelp, "My PACI!"
"I'll get it mom," the fearless older brother said, as he set way into the bedroom. I heard some mumbling and then the door shut.
Could it be? I thought, could C-man actually be settling in his own bed? Nah, better check out the duo.
I walked into the room and found the lamp on and C-man in bed with Miss-O reading her a book. "Mom, I'm helping her get to sleep. She wanted to read more books, so I'm going to read to her."
"Mind if I lie here and listen" I asked pointing to the vacant bed across from Miss-O's.
"sure mom!" answered C-man.
Then I heard conversations as follows:

"This is the letter A, can you say A? Yes, that is another a, but it looks different."

C-man also pointed to different things on the page and asked Miss-O what they were and she would answer. At one point she answered, "FUR!" and C-man replies, "WOW, I'm impressed! Do you know what impressed means? It means that I am surprised and that surpressed me that you knew what that was." I hid my snickers in the pillow.

They finished the book and started on with the belly-button book.....but that didn't get finished and C-man's patience was starting to run thin...for his plan was for his little sister to fall asleep and she hadn't done it yet.

I motioned him over to me and told him that it is best that we just shut off the lights and let her fall asleep.

He climbed up on his bed and switched the light off. On his way to O's bed, he told her the plan, "now it's time to sleep. I will lay here with you until you fall asleep, okay?" "okay." a sweet little voice answered.

He showed her how to count the stars and then counted the stars in Spanish. Then I heard a little smack and a whisper, "I love you sweetheart." and the 2 year old voice answers, "I love you to the moon and back."
a silent pause then some giggles..........followed by a silent pause and "Conno, your eyes are open." this was followed by a big sigh.
"Mom, she's not sleeping." I look up from my groggy haze and see that he has an armful of ni-ni's, puppies and was on his way to our bedroom. "we're going to sleep in your bed."

Ah, what the heck, I thought, it's getting late and they need to get to sleep...so the three of us snuggled in my bed, and I prayed that this wouldn't be a new trend. Anyway, I just witnessed the sweetest moment of my two babes! How these two have been at each other's throats for one toy, or how C-man would complain that O is annoying her and now this sweet, sweet moment made up for all of the adversity a 5 and 2 year old siblings have for another....sweet indeed!

"This is the letter A, can you say A?"
"Look at the puppies, what do they say?" "h-h-h-h-h-" Miss O pants in reply.


This moment I will treasure forever in my heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...