Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pin. Pinner. Pinning

I haven't heard these terms since 1997 when I finished half way through the nursing program and participated in a pinning ceremony.  Now they have a new meaning; one that I never dreamed I would include in my daily conversation.

I have found a new way to waste spend my time on the Internet . . . drooling over creative decorations, crafts, crochet patterns, quotes, recipes, fashion, and photography tips. I don't want to give out too much information about this delicious place because I'm on the waiting list and I'm afraid you [sweet reader that you are] will bump me and become a member before me.

That's how good and super cool this site is . . .
hmm . . . you think they may be doing a background check???

Still want to know about this site, don't you? 

Well, I suppose my friends from work and some bloggers that I follow have been talking about it freely, so I
guess I could let you in on it.  (as long as you promise not to bump me off the waiting list?)

http://www.pinterest.com/

I suggest trying out this link but let me give you a fair warning . . . you might get hooked!

Here's a pinterest example that I'm curious to try out:  Homemade laundry detergent.  Totally cheap, easy to make (I think a designated pot, spoon, & 5 gallon bucket are in order), and works for front-loading washers.  I guess those who have allergies or sensitive skin have been using this recipe before it was published on the blog . . . has anyone heard of this recipe or tried it???


Click on this link to find the recipe and read the comments re: q&a's:  Why Not Sew?: How to Make Homemade Laundry Detergent

Let me just say,
You're Welcome!
(about the website, not really the laundry detergent)

1 comment:

The Kennedys said...

I had to limit myself to one day a week. And I'm not even a member...I just look at the pictures :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...