Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mission: BIG GIRL BED

Miss-O posing in her Big Girl Bed.....she looks so grown up :(

Bidding her crib a farewell....or wondering what the heck it is blocking her in for?
The crib block, that she snuck out of.....parent's creativity=failure :(
Big brother ready to promote a good night's sleep....he said he'd catch her if she fell.....

To much of our surprise, Miss-O has become a Houdini and yesterday demonstrated her feat in climbing and laying on top of the crib rails! AAAHHH! My first response, quick! we need to get a crib tent! Paul thought that instead of paying out money for something that may or may not work, let's try the resources that we already have; the toddler bed.



Paul brought up the bed, yesterday after her nap and second attempt of escape, and Miss-O was very curious about it. Paul put the mattress on it and she hopped right in and read a book, snuggled with her puppy and rested on her back....okay, maybe this transition won't be too bad.



Last night, Grandma Roberts came over for back-up help...(literally, back help since mine went out on Saturday) We used a lot of techniques........


  • just laid her in the bed and shut the door and trapped her in with the old crib....nope! she snuck out

  • C-man laid on the pillow on the floor next to the bed and we all tried to coax her into laying down....nope!

  • C-man and I laid in his bed while Grandma tried to get her to lay down.....nope!

  • While C-man and I lay in his bed, Grandma rocked her in the living room....almost...but nope!

  • C-man laid in her bed with her.....nope!

  • C-man and I rocked in the living room and Grandma did her toddler whisperer act in the room, let miss-o be a bit restless, sang to her and then finally....it worked and C-man was asleep too!.....Victory!

Time it took 1st night: 1 hr and 40 min. Length of time slept in bed: 10 hours! Amount of sleep I got: 7.5 hours interrupted every hour to check on her and also watch it hail!



This afternoon, I was a bit hesitant for nap and I really didn't want to wrestle her and wrench my back.......so, I laid her into the bed and she snuggled in and then popped right up. I laid on the floor and let her climb up and down, up and down, up and down until she wanted to leave the room....finally we rocked and she fell asleep and I tucked her in.......


Time it took for nap: 45 min.


Miss-O's self-soothing is being restless, talking to her stuffed dogs, reading books, until she finally has had enough and she falls asleep. The crib has always been her little security place....but now she is more independent and testing the freedom....hopefully consistency and allowing her to self-soothe, this transition won't be too bumpy......but the beginning is so hard to find what works...........Well, I hate to admit it but my baby is growing up........I wanted her in the crib as long as she could be and I guess she's telling us she's had enough...........or at least she's telling us that she's not safe anymore


Other tricks I have up my sleeve; just take the mattress of the toddler bed and let her sleep on that. Find a puppy pillow case or Elmo pillow case and a pillow so that she can be excited to sleep with them. I know that something will work, we'll roll with it and find out what it is.........


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...