Sunday, April 20, 2008

Someone's Junk = Someone's Treasure

It's that time of the year again, our city's spring clean up. A time to take whatever trash that may exist in your homes and get rid of it.....I always get a hoot out of this. Every year, people come out of the woodwork and drive by in their trucks and trailers and grab our things and go......I get a good feeling that they will get some good use out of it. I also get a good feeling because my house is free of clutter.
items that have been snatched so far today:

our stinky dog rug that after lots of resolve washings the smell never came out....gone!

Connor's stroller and car-seat set that I've put over 1,000-5,000 miles (no lie!) on it and the wheels are wobbly....disappeared!

the exersaucer that was missing a few toys....snatched

Paul's old bike.....bye-bye

some garden fencing that I never opened.......taken care of......(okay now I sound like Grandma Weinberg buying things and then never opening them or they still have tags on them....)

there is an end table I anticipate leaving us, as well as a dog kennel and dog bed......I told Paul we should donate those to the local Animal rescue league.....he didn't respond but to ask if I wanted to drive it WAY over there......hmmmmm

the rest of the stuff is debris from our basement room that we tore apart and made into a toy room........I'm so excited to see our garage floor!! Yahoo!
and to think I still have 12 totes of baby clothes and toys to put on a garage sale yet this summer! I will feel so purged after that!

I've always remember when asking my mother about why we have garage sales and she put it frankly; one person's junk is another person's treasure!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...