Thursday, April 17, 2008

Words of Wisdom

By the grace of God, my son is amazing! This little four and a half year old has taught me so many things. Things as simple as the names of bugs and dinosaurs, to things that are as abstract as love, and wisdom.

He just provided me some insight of wisdom the other day. Monday, I officially heard the news of the student appeal. I didn't blog much about anymore since I was okay with it, but the appeal did reach the board of chairpersons and they decided how the grade would end up.
So, Monday, I received the letter from the board of chairpersons that they were upholding my grade and told the student to consider a restart in a year or so. So I did some celebrating and felt validated.
Connor wanted to know why I was cheering and excited and after I explained it to him on a four year old level. He told me, "Mom, that naughty student probably is sad right now and it's not nice to be a poor winner." That took me right off my high-horse and back to earth. Wow, what perspective he provided me....so I decided not to celebrate and just leave it as it is.
I was the one that taught him not to be a poor winner, and he opened my eyes and let me realize I was being a poor winner. That night, I decided to pray for that student...the serenity prayer......hopefully she'll be able to accept this, learn from it and move on in her life.......it would be a lot of wasted life if she continued to ruminate on it..............

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...