Sunday, December 2, 2007

Jesse Tree


This is something new that I learned about in RCIA class. The Jesse tree represents Jesus' family tree and his history. (Jesse is King David's father) The Jesse tree focuses on the stories in the old testament that lead us to Jesus' birth. For 25 days, we read bible verses and make ornaments and hang a new ornament that represents that story.

Since we were a day behind, today we hung up the sky ornament (representing creation) and a tree ornament (representing Adam and Eve). These were Connor's ideas after we read the bible stories. I drew them, he colored them, I cut them out, he punched holes and Daddy strung the fishing line on them. I'm hoping this will be a new tradition in our family. A fun time to reflect on the Bible & arts and crafts all wrapped up in one activity!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...