Friday, December 14, 2007

Uneventful Week.....

Despite the crazy icy, snowy, and freezing cold weather that we've had this week, it's been unusually uneventful in our household.....


  • With the exception of Connor's issue. (that's been an ongoing event for the last three weeks) Monday, Connor again cried that he didn't want to go to preschool, but once he was there he was fine. He cried Wednesday at home but not at preschool and we made sure to reward him with a sticker that day! Today, he awoke me at 0500 am stating that he didn't want to go to preschool. We cuddled and talked and went back to sleep. He never even cried on his way to preschool today. So, we're making progress with that issue.

Thanks to you all who have helped us out in this phase of his life...we decided to go to a reward system. He always does well with that. We catch him in the act of 24 good things and then he gets a new spider man costume.......

I'm already planning his next reward system to be not as materialistic as this one.......it's going to involve spending some time with Dad, whatever he wants to do......we'll see what he picks!!

I'm really hopeful that this "phase" will end soon; my older sister says that sometimes kids regress right before they take a big leap in development....so we'll be on the look out!

  • I guess I can't forget Olivia's issue this week either: Thursday, Paul found a strange thing in her mouth....(thought it was wall paper; she likes to pull off the wall paper while she's in her crib and usually throws it on the ground) However; this strange thing didn't move from her mouth...it was actually attached to her mouth. It looked like a "floppy tooth!" I called the dentist and explained its disposition. He thought it sounded like an abscess at the left molar area and that it is too early to have her molars erupt. I agreed since she just has 8 teeth right now. Last night I searched the Internet and found info on natal/neonatal/& premature tooth eruption and thought I had her diagnosed. Until tonight, Paul and I checked it out again and took pictures....now it doesn't look so much like a floppy tooth but a hard white pimple on her gum.....she didn't really care for us feeling around in her mouth........poor girl.....her gum is a bit swollen, so now I'm thinking it looks more like an abscess.......hope it can wait out until next Thursday for a scheduled Dr.'s apt. She doesn't seemed bothered by it, she still eats like a horse....we'll see........

This is when "Mommy Faith" comes into play....I just have to have faith that everything will work out for the kids.

  • I only worked Monday evening, was going to have clinical on Wednesday but cancelled due to the weather and my students who were making up clinical lived out of town. (I was kinda excited to have a four week break from them! hee-hee! Now I know the truth of what my instructors were thinking of us! ....uuuhhh.....Maybe not, because our class was a good class, we actually DID our work, had GOOD ATTITUDES and competed for good grades. I'm proud to say that 100% of our class passed boards!!!!!!!! First time in Allen History!?!?!)

I was feeling a bit guilty last night because I thought, I haven't been very productive this week.....but yet I have been a productive mother.

  1. I did 6 sessions of cleaning up toys per day.
  2. One load of laundry per day (I know it wasn't much)
  3. Put away three heaping laundry baskets of clothes (that's where all the laundry was!)
  4. Washed hands and faces approx. five times per day.
  5. Swiffered the floors.
  6. Wrapped some presents.
  7. Wiped away icky boogies and watery eyes this week from Olivia's face.
  8. Wiped a bottom and/or changed numerous diapers.
  9. Scrapped almost 12 pages during nap time/preschool time in the AM.
  10. Watched some movies by myself.
  11. Played hide and go seek, Lego's, star wars, Little People and Dollies.
  12. Repeatedly said, "Be nice to your sister." "there's no jumping on the furniture." "I want to hear a splash!" "Don't forget to wash your hands after going potty." "don't forget to flush." "Don't forget to put back on your underwear and pants before coming out of the bathroom." (I wish our toilet would automatically remind Connor this!)
  13. Last but not least, I cleaned the back of the toilet and the bottom of the toilet from someone who's got an uncontrollable fire hose!

Tonight, out of guilt, I scrubbed the rest of my kitchen walls and wiped down the unknown substance that was splattered on my dining room walls......and planned my VERY eventful week next week..................To justify it all, I'm calling this week the calm before the storm!!!!!

Well, enough jabbering much about nothing......no pictures tonight just good ol' fashion journaling........stay warm!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...